Local Employer Job Fairs, Cal Poly and Cuesta, Winter 2013
Participate in the Local Employers' Job Fair for San Luis Obispo County!
- Build awareness of the broad range of employment opportunities available locally
- Strengthen engagement between the business community and our local education institutions
- Mentor and support our future workforce and community leaders
Encourage others to engage in and support this workforce development opportunity
Cal Poly's Local Career Fair
- One 5-foot round table with table linen
- Continental breakfast for three representatives
- On-campus parking
- Shuttle service
Cuesta College Job and Career Fair
- An 8-foot table, tablecloth and chairs to display company literature and posters
- FREE workshop space to present company and/or employment information
- FREE online marketing & promotion through Cuesta College Job Fair website
- Meet with students, college/local workforce associates and other local employers
- Complimentary refreshments. Lunch provided for one representative per table
Internship and Job Placement Programs
Cuesta College Career Connections
- Jobs and Internships
- Extended Job Search
Cal Poly Career ServicesCareer Services is located in Building 124
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0211
Local Part-time Job Listings
Job Listings and On-Campus Interviews
Co-op, Career, Summer positions
Company Networking Sessions
Tips and Tricks for Finding and Hiring Interns
Looking for qualified local interns but unsure of how to engage them? Look no further. The Knowledge & Innovation Cluster has developed the following Tips and Tricks to help you find and hire local interns.
About the Project
Economic Strategy - Knowledge & Innovation Cluster
Local Employers’ Job Fairs/Internship and Job Placement Programs
In support of the priority outcomes identified by the Knowledge & Innovation cluster, the following cluster leaders participated in Action Team #6 – Collaboration with Cal Poly and Cuesta College.
Action Team #6 – Collaboration with Cal Poly and Cuesta College
|Jeff Brady, Cygnet Software||Jamie Magon, Promotional Concepts|
|Bob Crockett, Proof of Concept||Tammy Martin, Cal Poly Career Services|
|Jim Dunning, Cal Poly C3RP||Melinda McCann, Cal Poly Career Services|
|Josh Erdman, Digital Foundation||June McIvor, Sinsheimer, Juhnke, McIvor & Stroh, LLP|
|Rachel Gallagher, Mindbody Online||Christine Rogers, Economic Vitality Corporation|
|John Cascamo, Cuesta College||Soukita Thipsouvanh, Cal Poly Career Services|
|Matthew Green, Cuesta College||Gil Stork, Cuesta College|
|Russ Levenway, TekTegrity/SLO Chamber|
The focus of the group was enhancing awareness among the student body of both institutions of the broad range of expertise, products and services our local business have to offer, as well as the resulting employment and career advancement opportunities.
The action team established baseline interest and participation levels in internship and job placement programs, and worked with Cal Poly and Cuesta College to facilitate the hosting of job fairs which feature local opportunities for career advancement.
The team is also in the process of developing documentation tools to assist business owners in accessing and meeting the requirements of the internship programs offered by Cal Poly and Cuesta College.