Vision StatementTo leverage the strength and quality of San Luis Obispo County's Specialty Manufacturing Alliance to grow business, collaborate on projects, share and develop knowledge, and make a positive impact on our region.
- Create a forum for specialized manufacturing companies to network
- Educate the broader community about the benefits and economic value of specialized manufacturing in SLO County
- Improve the linkage with local schools and awareness of SLO County Specialized Manufacturing job opportunities
- Accelerate permitting for new facilities and facilities modifications
Rodney Babcock, Next Intent
Ty Safreno, Trust Automation
Monthly Business Forum
The Specialized Manufacturing Alliance team has assembled speakers for monthly presentations to the community in areas of expertise that may be helpful to other local businesses. Attendees do not have to be a member of the Alliance team or a sponsor of the EVC to attend, there is no charge.
- Established a business forum which convenes monthly.
Action Teams and Projects
- Increase awareness of Specialized Manufacturing concentration and expertise.
- Collaborate with the Knowledge & Innovation cluster, Green Energy Team and SLO Chamber of Commerce to retain Cal Poly and Cuesta College students in the local workforce.
- Increase awareness of products and services, partnership and supply chain opportunities with Specialized Manufacturing through Business Forum outreach.
- Vision in Action - Working with the Building Design & Construction and Knowledge & Innovation clusters to assess opportunities and constraints for industry expansion.
- 2013 Strategic Planning in process.