Uniquely SLO County
Vision StatementTo position, brand and promote San Luis Obispo County as a choice destination for regional, national, and global visitors.
San Luis Obispo County’s tourism opportunities are economically stable, vibrant and world-class destinations. To fulfill the vision of making San Luis Obispo County a choice destination for regional, national and global visitors, the Uniquely SLO cluster members propose to accomplish the following:
- Create and execute the SLO County tourism brand to reach audiences year-round
- Lead integration of the diverse tourism marketing programs to grow the number of visitors
- Strengthen communication among all tourism constituents
- Position the Visitors and Conference Bureau as an impartial tourism expert to establish, support and grow trustworthy relationships
- Develop a sustainable funding model along with countywide tourism stakeholders to support marketing initiatives
Stacie Jacob, Visit San Luis Obispo County
Gordon Jackson, Hilton Garden Inn
Brian Talley, Talley Vineyards & Talley Farms
- Created collaborative and sustainable funding structure under Visitors and Conference Bureau (VCB) umbrella, building on the Savor San Luis Obispo County model and the emerging BID co-op program.
Enhance regional presence and awareness of cluster assets:
- US Airways Publication (cluster wide industry feature story)
- Ranked in "Top 10 Wine Destinations" by TripAdvisor
- County Visitor Guide received statewide recognition
- National 3rd party endorsements (Sunset Magazine, NY Times, etc.)
Action Teams and Projects
- Working to coordinate a consolidated representation of the cluster sectors on the Visitors and Conference Bureau Board.
- Uniquely SLO operates as three sub groups covering Food, Wine and Tourism with specialty sectors that include relevant companies for that industry. Each group is building action plans that will increase SLO County visitors and economic vitality.
- Worked with the EVC and the County on the first pilot project related the Economic Analysis Program for policy, evaluating the potential economic impacts of the County's Draft Events Ordinance.
Upcoming Events and Meetings